Last minute admission call for studies at Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences, Latvia
The admission to the bachelor programme - Information Technologies and master study programmes - Cybersecurity Engineering, Media and Information Literacy, Strategic Communication and Governance, Virtual Reality and Smart Technologies at Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences is only until August 3rd!
Prospective students can submit their applications by August 3rd, applying for one of 5 state supported study places or students are eligible to apply for Latvian state funded study placements.
Information technologies professional bachelor study programme. The duration of studies is 4 years with possibility to choose specialization field - "Cyber security and programming" or "Development of virtual reality and mobile systems".
Find out more about programme: http://bit.ly/2HHvAyY
Cybersecurity Engineering professional master degree study programme. The duration of studies is 2 years.
Find out more about programme: http://bit.ly/2TOZGI9
Media and Information Literacy professional master degree study programme. The duration of studies is 2 years.
Find out more about programme: https://bit.ly/36zfanH
Strategic Communication and Governance professional master degree study programme. The duration of studies is 2 years.
Find pout more about programme: http://bit.ly/2sJnMJ7
Virtual Reality and Smart Technologies professional master degree study programme. The duration of studies is 1,5 years.
Find out more about programme: http://bit.ly/2ow0V1m
All studies will be conducted in English, with possibility to learn local language and find out more about culture and traditions.
The application is made electronically by filling in an application FORM.
University entry requirements
- Completed previous education: secondary or high school diploma and academic transcript for the Bachelor level (undergraduate) study programmes or higher education diploma and academic transcript for the Master level (postgraduate) study programmes or Doctoral studies.
- Recognition of diploma: students should be aware that the admission office of the chosen university will send their education documents to Latvian Academic Centre for the academic recognition and authenticity verification.
- Proof of the study language proficiency: all students applying for studies in Latvia need to demonstrate sufficient study language proficiency which is mostly English. The level of knowledge must be equal or higher than B2 level. This summer changes have been made to the admission requirements regarding the proof of the language proficiency. It can be provided in different ways depending on:
- the country, where the previous education has been obtained;
- the language of instruction in previous educational institution if it is the same as study language.
Start of studies and arrival
The state of emergency in Latvia ended on June 10. However, that does not mean a complete return to the norms of the pre-pandemic period. The information about the current restrictions in Latvia regarding the pandemic can be found here and here.
The Covid-19 situation has affected both the opening of campuses in Latvia and the student residence permit and visa procedures. It has also been affected by the work of the embassies of Latvia, which are providing services remotely or in person depending on the epidemiological situation in the respective country.
Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences is located in Valmiera, a great place not only for studies and work, but also for leisure not only in cafes, cinemas, etc. but also on a relaxed stroll through the forest.
Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences cooperates directly with companies not only in Valmiera but also in the whole region, providing a great opportunity for students to put their knowledge into practice.
Frequently asked questions regarding studies at Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences
Additional information on studies and admission to Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences:
ViA International Office
Since 2018, ViA has been implementing three new Master's degree programmes in English, which have been developed as part of the project "Development and Approbation of New Master's Programs for the Promotion of International Competitiveness of Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences" (No.188.8.131.52 /18/A/011.) In total, five Master's degree programmes in English will be developed: "Media and Information Literacy", "Virtual Reality and Smart Technologies", "Cyber Security Engineering", "Strategic Communication and Governance" and a tourism study programme in cooperation with Satakunta University of Applied Sciences in Finland.
The total budget of the project is EUR 500 000, of which 85% is financed from the European Social Fund and 15% from the state budget of Latvia. The project will be implemented from April 2019 till November 2023 and is supported by the European Social Fund (ESF).