Project E.I.N.S: E3UDRES2 Entrepreneurship and Innovation Network for Smart and Sustainable European Regions
In 2022, Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences (ViA) started to implement the project E.I.N.S: E3UDRES2 Entrepreneurship and Innovation Network for Smart and Sustainable European Regions (No. 10043). The project is funded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT, https://eit-hei.eu/) which is the largest and most influential innovation network in Europe. This is a new initiative that foresees a major role for higher education institutions to strengthen innovation in the regions.
The project aims to create a strong support mechanism for innovations in the regions, using European University E3UDRES2 (Austria, Belgium, Portugal, Romania, Hungary, Latvia, https://www.eudres.eu/ and University Industry Innovation Network (UIIN, Netherlands, https://www.uiin.org/) professional, academic and scientific contacts.
Main project activities are related to:
1. Ent-r-e-novators (entrepreneurs, researchers, innovators, educators) strengthening, incl. Involvement and support of young talents, experts, management representatives, SMEs, start-ups, local governments, and entrepreneurial citizens;
2. Gathering available expertise, current good practices, strategies, and other sources of inspiration in the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Portugal, Hungary, Romania, and Latvia;
3. Training ViA staff, students, and ViA partners on entrepreneurship and innovation;
4. Cooperation with the innovation ecosystems of the above-mentioned E3UDRES2 partner country regions.
St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences, STPUAS (Austria – lead partner)
University Industry Innovation Network, UIIN (Netherlands)
Polytechnic Institute of Setubal, IPS (Portugal)
Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, MATE (Hungary)
UC Leuven-Limburg University of Applied Sciences, UCLL (Belgium)
Politehnica University Timisoara, UPT (Romania)
Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences, ViA (Latvia)
The ViA project team consists of:
· Representatives of ViA management to implement the results of the project into ViA's innovation strategy and work plans;
· Representatives of ViA faculties and research institutes to participate both in teaching and involvement of students;
· Representatives of non-academic staff who would use the insights of entrepreneurship and innovation in the management and support functions of future projects;
· Researchers and students interested in exploring the concept of open innovation and the region's innovation ecosystems.
Project manager: Iveta Putniņa, administrative vice-rector, and E3UDRES2 project manager email@example.com
Project guest research assistant for communication with ViA staff: Tatjana Mazāne, international project manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project research assistant for communication on research resources: Oskars Java, scientific project manager, email@example.com
Project guest research assistant for communication about training: Inguna Kucina, head of the Knowledge and Technology Center of ViA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project implementation period: 01.10.2021. – 30.11.2023.
Funded by: EIT HEI Initiative (European Institute of Innovation and Technology, Higher Education Initiative), Horizon Europe, Co-funded by the European Union