Updated on May 15th, 2021
The project proposal’s scientific objective is to develop research-based formative and summative assessment models that help to ensure a credible and objective assessment of the learning process in the digital environment. Developed models will demonstrate the interrelations between different assessment methods and techniques in the learning process. The digital learning environment is understood as the use of different technologies in the learning process to varying degrees - support of some technological solutions as well as fully technology-based learning. This applies to different forms of learning: classroom learning, e-learning, as well as blended learning.
Planned results: a systematized and research-based set of static models. Assessment models will help teachers to ensure the learning process in different forms of education: formal education at schools and higher educational institutions as well as adult education, further education - it can all be linked to the concept of lifelong learning.
Project duration: 01.05.2020. – 30.04.2023.
Project number: 18.104.22.168/VIAA/3/19/561
Project manager: dr.paed. Anžela Jurāne-Brēmane
Scientific consultant: dr.paed. Sarma Cakula
The planned activities: studies of literature and practice, international mobility, development of the models, approbation and perfection, preparation and publishing of publications, presentation of study results in conferences and seminars, informing society about research results.
*During the first months of the project, the activity was mainly due to the re-planning of the project's activities for two main reasons: the delayed start of the project and the limitations of Covid 19, which changed (and continue to affect) many processes around the world. In the context of the emergency and the organisation of the education process in remote mode, a survey was created for educators working in different levels of education on changes in the performance assessment of learners.
1. Participation in the virtual conference “IV2020 – 24th International Conference Information Visualisation”, networking activity.
2. Business trip to Ventspils, discussions and interviews in five educational institutions.
3. Business trip to Jūrmala and Babīte, discussion and an interview.
4. Research discussion "Assessing Learning in Technological Environment", Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences.
5. Participation with the report “Digital Transformation of Assessment: Challenges and opportunities” in the 79th International Scientific Conference of the University of Latvia section Digital Transformation of Education Work, 5th February, 2021.
6. Participation in the European Science Night event (section of Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences) on April 30th, 2021. A digital poster.