Updated on July 12, 2023
The project proposal’s scientific objective is to develop research-based formative and summative assessment models that help to ensure a credible and objective assessment of the learning process in the digital environment. Developed models will demonstrate the interrelations between different assessment methods and techniques in the learning process. The digital learning environment is understood as the use of different technologies in the learning process to varying degrees - support of some technological solutions as well as fully technology-based learning. This applies to different forms of learning: classroom learning, e-learning, as well as blended learning.
Planned results: a systematized and research-based set of static models. Assessment models will help teachers to ensure the learning process in different forms of education: formal education at schools and higher educational institutions as well as adult education, further education - it can all be linked to the concept of lifelong learning.
Project duration: 01.05.2020. – 30.04.2023.
Project number: 22.214.171.124/VIAA/3/19/561
Project manager: dr.paed. Anžela Jurāne-Brēmane
Scientific consultant: dr.paed. Sarma Cakula
The planned activities: studies of literature and practice, international mobility, development of the models, approbation and perfection, preparation and publishing of publications, presentation of study results in conferences and seminars, informing society about research results.
Within the project guidelines have been elaborated that can be downloaded here: Digital Assessment Guidelines (Summary in English on pp. 24-28)
Jurāne-Brēmane, A. (2023). Digital Assessment in Technology-Enriched Education: Thematic Review. Education Sciences, 13(5), https://doi.org/10.3390/educsci13050522
Jurāne-Brēmane, A. (2022). Changes of assessment in remote learning: Educators' perceptions and findings. International Journal of Learning and Change, 14(4), 469-484. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJLC.2022.124485
Jurāne-Brēmane, A. (2021). The Digital Transformation of Assessment: Challenges and Opportunities. Human, Technologies and Quality of Education. Proceedings of Scientific Papers, 352-363. https://doi.org/10.22364/htqe.2021.25
- Participation in the virtual conference “IV2020 – 24th International Conference Information Visualisation”, networking activity.
- Business trip to Ventspils, discussions and interviews in five educational institutions.
- Business trip to Jūrmala and Babīte, discussion and an interview.
- Research discussion "Assessing Learning in Technological Environment", Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences.
- Participation with the report “Digital Transformation of Assessment: Challenges and opportunities” in the 79th International Scientific Conference of the University of Latvia section Digital Transformation of Education Work, 5th February, 2021.
- Participation in the European Science Night event on April 30th, 2021.
- Participation with the report "Insight into technology-based assessment practices: With and without crisis" at the 15th International Scientific Conference of the Rezekne Academy of Technologies "Society. Integration. Education" (28.05.2021).
- English learning at BELS Learning Centre in Gozo, Malta (mobility from 19.09.2021. to 03.10.2021.)
- Business trip to Riga Stradiņš' University: to study innovative digital assessment practices – Skills monitoring system and lecturers' practice in study courses (14.10.2021.).
- Report in the general meeting of HESPI about the progress of the Postdoctoral research project "Models of Assessment in the Digital Learning Environment (MADLE)" (07.12.2021.).
- Business trip to Riga State Gymnasium No. 3 and BA School of Business and Finance to study innovative digital assessment practices (04.01.2022.).
- Participation with the report "Development of the Models for Assessment in Digital Environment" in the 80th International Scientific Conference of the University of Latvia section Digital Transformation of Education Work, 10th February, 2022.
- Participation in "Training for funding | EU Projects’ Design and Management" (18.-19.02.2022.)
- Seminar for lecturers of RTU Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology "Formative Assessment: with and without Technologies", discussion about assessment models (25.02.2022.).
- Mobility and networking trip to the University of East Anglia with the aim to discuss the models and participate in the Assessment Module (30.01.2022.-01.03.2022.)
- Participation with the report "Developing the Models and Pedagogical Principles for Digital assessment" in the 64th International Scientific Conference of the University of Daugavpils section of Educational Sciences, 22th April, 2022.
- Seminar for lecturers of BA School of Business and Finance "Models for Assessment in Digital Environment" (23.03.2022.).
- Seminar for lecturers of Rīga Stradiņš' University "Models for Assessment in Digital Environment" (13.05.2022.)
- Seminar for lecturers of RTU Faculty of Engineereconomic and Management "Models of Assessment in digital Environment" (18.05.2022.).
- Mobility to the University of Helsinki, discussing models of assessment (22.05.2022. - 11.06.2022.).
- Participation in EDEN2022 Annual Conference “Shaping the digital transformation of the education ecosystem in Europe” in Tallinn University (19.06.2022. - 22.06.2022.).
- Seminar for lecturers of Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences "Exam in Digital Assessment with Discussion" (26.08.2022.).
- Mobility to the University of Tallinn, exploring experience regarding learning analytics, discussing about big data in education, and about digital feedback and assessment (11.09. 2022. - 17.09.2022.).
- Seminar for students and lecturers of University of Daugavpils "Digital Assessment / Models of Assessment in the Digital Learning Environment" (24.10.2022.).
- Seminars for lecturers of Ventspils University of Applied Sciences and school representatives "Digital Assessment / Models of Assessment in the Digital Learning Environment" (28. and 29.11.2022.).
- Seminars for students and lecturers of University of Liepaja "Digital Assessment / Models of Assessment in the Digital Learning Environment" (5. and 6.12.2022.).
- Mobility to the Tampere Universities community, exploring experience regarding learning analytics, as well as participating in TAMK conference “Knowledge, skills and competences on stage” with report about digital assessment and developed models of assessment (23.01.2023. - 03.02.2023.).
- Participation in seminar of the project DITEPRACT (Digital and Hybrid Teaching and Learning) about digital learning methods in Riga Stradiņš' University (22.02.2023.).
- Networking event - Research Living Labs for E3UDRES2 collaboration network for the development of futher project ideas in Polytechnic Institute of Setubal, Portugal (5.03.2023.-10.03.2023.).
- Participation in conference "Smart Solutions for Inclusive Higher Education" in University of Liepaja (28. un 29.03.2023.).
- Dissemination seminar for Valmiera district school teachers "Digital assessment: pedagogy and technology" (04.04.2023.).
- Dissemination seminar "Digital assessment: pedagogy and technology" for students of joint doctoral study programm "Education Science" in University of Latvia, Faculty of Education, Psychology and Art (04.04.2023.).
- Participation with poster in "VAKEN International Symposium" in Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences (13.04.2023.).
- A lesson for students in grades 8-12 at Alojas Ausekļa Secondary School on the European Union and the opportunities it provides, including projects within the "Back to School 2023" initiative (19.04.2023.).
- Dissemination seminar at the Ministry of Education and Science, with the participation of representatives of the Higher Education Quality Agency (20.04.2023).
Evaluation of the project's final report available here: expert evaluation.