The aim of this programme is to promote the development of system analysis and modelling within the information technology field. We hope to encourage and educate young competitive researchers who would be able to bring forward the newest scientific results within system modelling into the economy, thus raising the quality of products and services, as well as promote competition among academic staff, advancing the generation change in Latvian universities and scientific institutions.
The programme is being realised in cooperation of Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences and 8 partner institutions: Riga Technical University, Latvia; Warsaw University of Technology, Poland; Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain; University Koblenz-Landau, Germany; Klaipeda University, Lithuania; Universidad de La Laguna, Spain; University of Genoa, Italy; Franhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation, Germany.
- Methodology of research work and modelling data processing
- Modelling of business information systems
- Tourism systems and regional development
- Political systems and modelling of public administration
- Systems in social theories
- Logistic information systems and organisation of transport
- Scientifically academic work.
*Please note that our course catalogue is currently being redeveloped so if you have any questions, please get in touch with our team.
Doctor of Science (Ph.D.) in Engineering and Technology
*All Bachelor, Master and PhD study programmes have been awarded the highest grade in the international evaluation of study programmes. This assessment has been submitted to the Ministry of Education and Science for the accreditation of the study fields and the study programmes, which means that all ViA study fields and study programmes will be accredited for 6 years.
Will be specified.
- Master's degree in sociotechnical systems modelling, or information technology, or computer science, or other natural sciences (mathematical or simulation modelling has been acquired during the studies);
- Summary of the possible doctoral dissertation;***
- The topic of the doctoral thesis must correspond to the scientific sub-sector and the application environment of the doctoral study programme;
- At least one internationally reviewed scientific publication included in internationally accessible indexed databases referring to the topic of the doctoral student's research work.
***no more than one A4 page signed by both the matriculated person and the potential scientific supervisor of the dissertation. a copy of the document certifying previous education (presenting the original).
- a list of scientific and academic publications;
- a copy of the passport (presenting the original).
The tuition fee is outlined in the individual agreement between the student and the university. The student receives the agreement together with the admission letter. Accepted students must pay the tuition fee in advance for the full academic year.
|Per year EUR
|Full programme cost EUR
|Tuition Fees for EU, EEA, Swiss Confederation Citizens 2022/2023
|Tuition Fees for others 2022/2023
Application fee (non-refundable) must be paid before the application is submitted (confirmation of payment must be included in the application):
Application fee amount EUR
EU*, EEA countries, Swiss Confederation, USA, Australia, Azerbaijan, Japan, Canada, Kazakhstan, Russia, Macedonia, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Vietnam
International applicants from other countries
Applicants from Ukraine are exempt from application fee payment
*discount 50 EUR for applicants from Estonia, Lithuania, Georgia and Moldova
Application fee must be paid to the following bank account:
The bank: Valsts Kase
Address: Smilsu iela 1, Riga LV-1050 Latvia
Bank code: TRELLV22
Bank account number: LV38TREL9150130000000
Bank payments should be marked: “Study registration fee: your name”
To have and overview of the costs involved in studying in Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences, please see the indicative list of costs:
|Costs per month
|Rent of room in student hostel
105 double room
160 single room
|Local transportation costs
|Food, other personal costs (minimum)
|Total of other costs (average)
The cost of living in Valmiera can seem rather inexpensive for students from some other countries.