Ent-r-e-novators: entrepreneurs-researchers-educators-innovators - an ambition where we drop the either-or-thinking pattern and advocate a strong interconnection between education, research, innovation and entrepreneurship. E3UDRES2 Ent-r-e-novators address the region’s needs in a variety of approaches: futuring workshops, hackathons, I living labs or citizen science research projects. Ent-r-e-novators bridge the know-do gap and move from a me to a we-culture.
E³UDRES² Ent-r-e-novators enhances the research capacity of the European University alliance E³UDRES², the Engaged and Entrepreneurial European University as Driver for European Smart and Sustainable Regions and aims to co-create a specific joint research strategy for the alliance.
E3UDRES2 aims to nurture the potential in every researcher, educator and learner to become a “Ent-r-e-novator”. According to E3UDRES2 own lexical framework, we define Learners, Educators, Researchers and Innovators/Entrepreneurs (the “LERIE” community) as problem-solving, entrepreneurial and inquisitive-minded individuals who have a deep sense of social and societal responsibility and put their energy and efforts into serving the best interests of the wider community. Among these actors, Ent-r-e-novators have a leading role in the renovation and transformation of our education and research institutions into open and inclusive ecosystems – the I-living labs. In the spirit of inclusiveness and interdisciplinarity demanded by the holistic nature of the challenges we face nowadays, any student or worker, inside or outside our institutions, and regardless of age, career level and background, can be a LERIE or an Ent-r-e-novator making use of the tools and resources at their disposal (which depend on how they are positioned inside the knowledge triangle: education, research and innovation) to strive for excellence and impact in advancing E3UDRES2 mission and vision for building smart and sustainable regions.
We expect to jointly achieve the following objectives:
- Co-create a common strategy and agenda that unlocks our potential for excellence in Research and Innovation, to accelerate the transformation into a multi-institutional European Research and Innovation Centre for Smart and Sustainable Regions;
- Develop best practices and a strategy for pooling research infrastructures, expertise, data and resources and for collaborating with/getting access to other strategic research infrastructures;
- Develop structured support programmes aimed at empowering our scientific communities to fully embrace Open Science, Open Innovation, Open Education, Engaged Science and Engaged Education;
- Work to achieve a level playing field in terms of institutional strategies and policies for Human Resources for Research, from which we will be able to address bigger challenges, such as brain mobility, new career assessments and joint recruitment strategies;
- Develop a structured and integrated framework to seamlessly link all our R&I ecosystems and the E3UDRES2 knowledge triangle of education, research and innovation;
- Along our pathway to build a common R&I agenda, be connected and dialogue with peer Alliances and HEIs, HEI associations and advocacy groups, and policy-makers with a view to contribute with evidence based results to the co-creation of future EEA/ERA work programmes and to inform better policies.
St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences (Austrija)
Polytecnic Institute of Setubal (Portugāle)
Polytechnical University Timisoara (Rumānija)
Szent Istvan University (Ungārija)
UC Leuven-Limburg (Beļģija)
Vidzemes Augstskola (Latvija)
Project coordinator: St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences (Austrija)
Project coordinator at ViA: Oskars Java
Project team at ViA: Oskars Java, Gatis Krūmiņš, Iveta Putniņa, Agnese Dāvidsone, Linda Veliverronena, Vineta Silkāne, Kapsars Osis, Katrīne Kūkoja
Project duration: 01.10.2022 - 30.09.2025
Total funding: 1 905 934.34 EUR
Project funding: European Union
1. Report E³UDRES² Ent-r-e-novadores project meets in Austria to work on joint research strategies (14.03.2023.)