The programme prepares highly competent top level managers for work in both, public and private sector organisations and equips students with the skills necessary to succeed in the rapidly changing business world.
Particular emphasis is placed on providing learners with practical experience and competences in the management of business environment. This is achieved through practical classes, applied and scientific research, research and live projects, a study internship and a master's thesis.
Graduates of the programme secure roles in various fields of business administration in Latvia and worldwide or continue their academic career in PhD study programmes.
Professional Master’s degree in Business Administration
Company Manager (in 4 semester programme)
Until October 14, 2027
1,5 years or 3 semesters (with previously acquired professional qualification);
2 years or 4 semesters (with no professional qualification).
Lectures are held on Fridays and Saturdays.
Tuition fees can be found here.
15 (fifteen) study places on state budget resources (according to chosen study programme) are available for intake 2023.*
Citizens of the European Union countries, the European Economic Area, the Swiss Confederation and permanent residents of the European Union who hold a valid residence permit may use the right to study on state budget resources.
All the students that are eligible, are invited to apply for Latvian State Scholarship. Application deadline for academic year 2023/2024 is 1st of April, 2023: www.viaa.gov.lv/en/studies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent*
- Online entrance examination: applicants will be given more information after the application deadline
- In order to prove the English language competence, the applicants are required to submit a confirmation of the English language knowledge:
- TOEFL certificate with a minimum score of 500 points in paper based test or 70 points in internet- based test;
- IELTS certificate with score at minimum 5.5;
- other documents confirming the knowledge of English;
- Diploma or document attesting that previous education has been completed in English;
- Applicants with no corresponding English language certification document are required to take an exam of English in Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences.
*Students can apply for master's programme even if they have not yet completed the studies required. They must however have completed the relevant degree before the enrolment deadline in the programme. If the diploma is not provided or not recognised at this later stage, the admission can be cancelled.
Non-EU, Non-EEA applicants: March 1 - May 31.
EU/ EEA/ Swiss Confederation applicants: March 1 - August 18 (students are eligible to apply for Latvian state funded study placements).
All the students that are eligible, are invited to apply for Latvian State Scholarship. Application deadline for academic year 2023/2024 is 1st of April, 2023.
For further information, get in touch with International Office at [email protected].