To prepare highly qualified experts (specialists) and researchers for analytical and top-level management work in the public and private sectors who are able to create new knowledge in business and economics in the Latvian, European and global research area. The joint study programme envisages in-depth study of design and visionary thinking, multidisciplinary approach, ability to understand economic development, organizational governance and individual behaviour, research-based decision-making, and the development of resilience to purposefully pursue research and innovation in business and in the smart growth of the economy.
The study programme is implemented by a consortium of three universities: Rezekne Academy of Technologies, Ventspils University of Applied Sciences and Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences.
*Please note that our course catalogue is currently being redeveloped so if you have any questions, please get in touch with our team.
PhD in Economics and Business
Until December 31, 2020
The joint study programme is licensed on February 5, 2020. License No. 04031-27
- application form;
- copy of the passport (presenting the original);
- copy of the document certifying the previous education (presenting the original);
- list of scientific publications and copies of the publications (if any);
- admission essay on the prospective doctoral thesis (at the level of problem formulation, not more than one A4 page);
- document certifying the proficiency in English*;
- CV (Europass format).
* a certificate or a document certifying the knowledge of the language issued by an international testing authority within the last five years, attesting to the knowledge of the language of the Programme implementation at least at B2 level. If the previous education has been obtained in English, the proof of the English knowledge is not required;
4550 EUR (full programme cost EUR 13650)
Applicants with a master's degree in social sciences or a corresponding field of professional activity are admitted **
**If the previous education has not been obtained in social sciences or a corresponding professional field, the applicant must certify the work experience/ non-formal education which corresponds to the knowledge, skills and competences specified in the Latvian Qualifications Framework level 7 in accordance with the procedures specified in Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 505 "Regulations on recognition of competences acquired outside formal education or in professional experience and learning outcomes achieved in previous education”.
Proposal on the prospective doctoral thesis (one A4 page) must be submitted in Latvian or English***
***at the level of problem formulation, not more than one A4 page.